8.09.2009

Sabbath Rest

I attended church today at ChristChurch, Plano, Tx.

The sermon reminded of God's commitment to us, of what He endured to rescue us, of how Christ came to rescue us because it was the Father's will that we might be reconciled.

But what really got to me was a couple of things:

One, one of the ushers who collected the offering was a young man with Down's syndrome. It was he, who brought the collection plates back up to the front to present to God. And to know that God used him, who so many would not, that God honored him by using him to collect the tithes and offerings of God's people. That Christ's grace goes freely to him, who to so many could be seen as the least of these. Well, how great indeed is our God, whose love and mercy for people knows no end.

Secondly was communion.

Everytime, I've ever taken communion, I always have this one fleeting moment where I think, "What if there's not enough for me? What if the usher forgets me, forgets my row?" But Christ's grace never runs out, and I know He will never pass me by or forget me. He will not forget to look upon me, to offer His body and His blood for my rescue and resurrection.

How rich am I then. A dear one of Christ and of His Father. Beloved of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

And what's more, so were the people around me at the altar. How immense is the love of God for the people He has created.



1 comment:

Robbie said...

I'm reminded in reading this of how Martin Luther, in writing his catechisms, stressed concerning Communion the line "For you, for the forgiveness of sins," which he saw as the key of the whole sacrament. It is amazing, isn't it, to reflect on how all this is given "for you" -- for us however we feel, whatever we've done, in all our conditions. What an intimate God!