8.23.2009

My God, how the storm thrashes. How it threatens to overturn my little bark.

My God, how fearsome is the storm.

Church again today. Thank God, Sunday comes every single week, talk about miracles.

The last thing I read when I went to bed last night were Brother Job's words, "The Lord gave and the Lord takes away, may the name of the Lord be praised."

And that was the prayer on my lips as I closed my eyes.

This morning at church we sang, "Blessed be your name" when the world's all as it should be, and also when the darkness closes in.

Through deep, sorrowful tears I sang. Sometimes not even able to make sound, but the Holy Spirit takes the groaning of our hearts, doesn't He. So there's no need to worry that my praise and prayer goes unheard by God.

But though the storm crashes, in the grace of God, I shall not despair, nor shall I remove my hope from Christ.

God has promised to work all things for good. God has said that those who sow in tears, shall reap in songs of joy.

So may the name of the Lord be blessed, at all times, and in all places. We were made to praise Him, it's our bounden right and duty to give thanks and praise.

Thank you God, that my little boat stays afloat in your guidance.

Thank you God, that the storm shall not drown me.

Thank you God, that you go beside me in each step, you are the God who comes near.

Somehow it's possible to give thanks in tears. God grants grace to have faith even while the storm rages and surrounds.

With my faith in God, and under His abounding grace, I set my little boat into the wind. I believe the Lord will bring me safely to the other side.

No comments: