7.28.2009

Mockingbird

My Mom and I went to a church service down at the local Anglican church today. It included the 121 Psalm - I lift up my eyes to the hills, from whence cometh my help...

And the priest preached about waiting upon the Lord's purpose and plan.

Both of those things are very good to reflect upon, but my favorite part was when a mockingbird lighted on the cross outside the window behind the altar. The cross is set in a beautiful little garden, and here came a mockingbird to sit on one of its arms.

The bird fluffed and preened, and looked at the cross as though to say, "Goodness this is a strange tree,"

And it crossed my mind that Christ came and is coming again to redeem all creation, from my poor heart, to this funny little bird. Christ comes to set all things right, to reconcile creation to the Father.

I'm keeping my eyes on the hills.

No comments: