7.29.2009

I'm not sure how it's possible to experience moments of joy, and gratitude, in confusion and sadness, and so I am sure it has to be a kindness of God.

Today, on my run, a beautiful butterfly pratically flew in my face. That made me laugh. Then I nearly ran over, on foot, a baby bunny who just happened to be crossing the sidewalk in front of me. That made me smile too.

I'm trying to understand what it means that "The joy of the Lord is my strength." One thing I think it might mean is that the joy God takes in His relationship to His son and the Holy Spirit is our strength. That the Lord delights in relationship. I think the Lord really loves relationships, and I think He really loved spending time in the garden with Adam and Eve.

We can take joy in God's joy even when we hurt. What good news is that!

No comments: