10.09.2006

Third Post from the Coast

Things I used to say on a daily basis:
Would you like to grab some coffee?
I'm reporting/working on this story...
When is my deadline?
This is your deadline...
Yes I have read that interesting article/essay/book and would like to discuss it with you over a cup of coffee.
Sure, I can take that story.
Hi, my name is ... and I'm a reporter with ...

Things I say now on a daily basis:
Your do-now is on the board.
I've got my timer running - it's up to you to earn your Charlie time.
Make a good choice*
Your name is now on my board.
Wow,I love how (student name) is doing their work - they need a sticker - who else is going to get a sticker.
Don't poke me - do I poke you?
Stop touching each other - everyone's hands are at their side.
You can tell me how you're supposed to behave, now you need to show me.

* I say "make a good choice" about 20,000 times a day. Talk about being a broken record.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very happy to see an updated blog!

Anonymous said...

you have mail. and also you have touched me in a special (not micheal jackson) kind of way and i think that is true for most of the people in your life. hang in there.

Anonymous said...

wanna go get coffee? after that we can curl up in front of the television and I can make you watch Buffy - The Musical Episode over and over and over again with me.

introspectivenarwhal said...

I just thought I'd say, that I admire what you are doing. Heck, that may sound 'sappy' but it is true and said in a heartfelt manner.