2.06.2007

For those of you keeping track at home:
There is a snow advisory in effect till 7 am. Now faithful readers will know that for the past two months most blog posts have dealt with the possibility of a snow day. But if ever there were a day for a snow day, tomorrow would be it. I'm recovering from strep throat, and would like nothing better than an extra day of recovery on the city's payroll.
So put your pajamas on inside out. Dream sweet dreams of snow and hope that there will be a delicious snow day tomorrow.

And my insanity reaches new levels:
Faithful readers will also now that I am the embodiment of the maxim "First year teachers are sick all the time." Since August I've been completely well for approximately 3 weeks. And now I have strep throat. However, prior to this ailment, I enjoyed several days of health. I attribute this to showering twice a day. I've never felt more gross than I do after spending a day with about 40 ten year olds. And as there is no ventilation in my room, because my window is broken, I just end up simmering in germy kid soup.
I also have come to believe that eating at restaurants, sitting in cold rooms, and/ or touching anything makes me sick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better, Sara! And I'll think thoughts of snow for you. Though that could risk something getting mixed up and us getting more snow here in Fort Wayne, Ind., where I'm working now and where we're had temperatures around 0 for the past few days. So I'll do a snow dance for all this snow to leave us and move southeast a bit!

Anonymous said...

You are starting to go Howard Hughes with the germ stuff - and I don't blame you. Remember - I am married to a woman who will not walk across a hotel room unless she slips shoes on. Maggie is getting to be the same way.