1.03.2004

Good life choices...
I feel like I need to start making better life choices, one of them being to not be a chronic insomniac. Seriously people, it's 3:04 a.m. and I am awake. What's the deal?

Speaking of what's the deal?
I had a friend in high-school, named Philip, who was one of the funniest people I've ever met. And because of him, "what's the deal?" became a big catch phrase for our group of friends, and I dare say much of the Chapel orchestra (which incidentally, was mostly our group of friends.)
Philip would stand up and say, sounding rather like Bulwinkle the moose, "Grape-nuts. You open the box, no grapes, no nuts. What's the deal?"

Why did we find this so immensely funny?

Really, I don't want an answer to this question. This same group of people could be reduced to hysterical giggles simply by saying "Smints" in a rather obnoxious British accent.

Compelling Television
No, I don't think there is any. Although if anyone happened to see the clip of the Crocodile Hunter trying to feed his baby to a croc, that was pretty entertaining.

Serious
Does sprinkling sugar heavily on your bowl of Cheerios negate the healthy effects of said cheerios?

No Phat Here
My birth place carries, for the second year in a row, the crown of fatty-Mcfatfat-fattest city.

Let's also note that there is not one Southern city in the top-ten fittest cities (I don't count Virginia Beach as Southern). But the South does come in with four cities in the fat top-ten. Why?

I propose that this is due to the fact that one of the secrets of Southern cooking is to:
a) wrap whatever you're cooking in bacon
b) cook whatever you're cooking in bacon grease
c) wrap whatever you're cooking in bacon and then fry it in bacon grease

Sneaky
I'm currently sleeping in the guest bedroom which is next to the kitchen. This also happens to be where I'm typing this blog-entry from. My dad has just gotten up to forage for snack items and if he figures out that it's 4:00 a.m. and I'm awake, then I'm in trouble. I'm typing with my inside voice, and if he starts to come towards my room, I'm so throwing the laptop and myself under the covers -- this totally used to work with books I was reading while I was supposed to be asleep.

Never mind
I win, he's gone back to bed, and my covert blogging continues.

Good life choices
Well, I reckon I'll quit while I'm ahead -- you know, there's a funny joke about that...

I should make more good life choices, not just about sleeping, but just in general. It's a move I would support. Or at least more informed choices -- that might work too.

And finally
In reference to my life choices of late, I've mostly heard my friends telling me to
a) not be crazy
b) not be crazy
c) not be crazy

Slightly perplexing -- I beginning to be concerned that they are secretly planning an intervention in which they commit me to an asylum.

I appreciate the sentiments, but really, what's wrong with crazy? Please -- don't let them cart me away to Bedlam.

No comments: