12.01.2003

Rise and Shine
This morning I hit my snooze forty-one and a half bazillion times.
Good: Feeling well rested.
Bad: Feeling like I'm two hours behind on my day -- well forget that, I'll just pretend like I meant to wake up at 9:00 instead of 7:00.

Fact
Who has the best, most amazing friends in the world? It's me, It's me! Oh, yeah, it's me!

When is the Jazz Concert?
The MU Jazz bands will be performing at 8:00 p.m. tonight in Stotler Lounge (Memorial Union).
It will be an interesting concert considering that all of the musicians just had a week off of rehersals.

Do a dance, do a dance, it's concert day! I really dig performing!

There will be two guest performers, Dr. Steve Bottom on trumpet, and Lecolian Washington (the bassoon professor) on vocals. Stop, I know what you're saying, "A bassoon prof. doing jazz vocals -- what a joke?" Really? Come see then.
Mr. Washington is one bad funk singer -- for real, ain't no lie.

And last but not least, I will be playing clarinet on one of the songs.
Reasons I'm excited about playing that primitive hunk of wood:
~ In the song the lead for the band is in the clarinet, and as a tenor play I never get a chance to play lead.
~ It's a historical piece, and having the four saxes with clarinet lead is a very historical, old big band sound.
~ Playing clarinet makes me think I'm a better sax player -- jigga what?
~ And well, I kind of like playing the darn thing. I know, I used to complain a lot when I had to play clarinet, but it's growing on me.

Right. Going to start my day now.

No comments: