10.17.2003

Who needs a box?
I tend to live in a box. I like things that are safe, reliable and predictable. You have to admit, stability has a lot going for it.
On the other hand, if you live in a box, never pushing at the walls around you, life tends to be, well, safe, reliable and predictable. You have to admit, never moving beyond your expectations can be boring.
I've always had friends who loved to danced, and I've always been slightly envious of them. It's certainly more comfortable to stand at the edges of the dance floor making snide and cynical comments. Comfortable, but drearly dismal.
It was rainy and cold last night, and Joanna asked me to go dancing. So, last night, I tried something that I'd never done before. The music was loud, and the club was smokey, and I probably looked like the biggest, silliest goof on the face of the planet. I smiled the entire time we were there.
The great thing about my friends is that they never stop pushing me. Gracious knows I never would have gotten the idea to go dancing on my own. So my thanks goes out to Dylan who asked me to go in the first place, Joanna who talked me into going, and Scott who looks oh-so GQ model-esque on the dance floor. When are we going again?

No comments: