4.07.2005

  1. Pop Quiz:

    While loading your two chosen washing machines in the basement laundry room, one of your neighbors comes down and starts loading the third. You and your neighbor’s laundry starts at the same time and thus will be finished at the same time. Ordinarily, this would not be a problem as there are three washers and three dryers to accommodate them; however, on this day, one of the dryers is out of order. Because there are three loads of clean, though wet clothes and two dryers you and your neighbor now have a problem. You decide to:

    a) Just take the two dryers and leave the poor sucker to fend for herself when she arrives in the laundry room minutes after you have left.
    b) Consolidate your two loads into one by removing items that you can hang to dry, thus considerately leaving a dryer for your neighbor.
    c) I don’t do laundry and this quiz is irrelevant to me.

    If you chose a, then you are my neighbor, who apparently is a thoughtless boob.
    If you chose b, then you are me and are currently sitting in room surrounded by wet T-shirts on hangers and jeans hung over doors because your neighbor, the thoughtless boob, took the only available dryers for her clothes.
    If you chose c, then you are gross and I can do little to help you.

4 comments:

Jason Hunt said...

I have to say. Reading your thoughts today ("thoughtless boob" in particular), was the best laugh I have had all day long. I don't think we use the word "boob" in reference to people nearly enough.


Thoughtless Boob...



Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Good post - I would go with option D - consolidate your neighbors laundry into one dryer and then seprate the hang dry clothes from the jeans, etc. I actually do not understand why you need to seperate clothes for drying, but i am also not allowed to do laundry - Nancy is a freak about that every since i shrunk some of her clothes one day when i decided to "help".

Anonymous said...

The only thing worse than wet clothes is an arid soul.

blythe said...

Sara, I can imagine you telling this story. And I like it.