4.06.2004

8:42 p.m. Adelante Newsroom...
Wrote a new lead - hacked about 5 'graphs out of my story.
Am now waiting for editor to return with coffee so that we can put out a magazine.

8:44 p.m. Wondering...

Why do the international people that use McReynolds always play in the FARC yard? All winter it was snowball fights and now it's frisbee. Why do they want to play outside so much - the snow I get, 'cause maybe they don't get snow. But still - is it that restless drive to be Joe College?

8:46 p.m. Must be spring...
The landlocked Mizzou campus smells of dead, festering fish - is it a plague? No. Those trees that smell of fish are in bloom.
Almost brings a smile to my face.

8:48 p.m. Decided (mostly)

I told Mel that I've decided what I really want in life.
I want a dog. I want a kitchen.
These are my top picks. Anything that comes with them is gravy.
I possibly want: someone to share dog/kitchen with and/or children to play in kitchen with dog.
The someone and the children are tentatively penciled in -- we'll see.
But I'm sure on the dog and the kitchen.

9:00 p.m. Trabajo
Editor back - bearing gifts - back to work.

P.S. If anyone has leads on a dog or a kitchen, let me know.

No comments: