11.05.2003

Huzzah, Purple, Huzzah
For those of you who were worried, and I was...
FARC will have a magazine to publish this semester!!
And there was much rejoicing!! Much, much rejoicing!!

When we had to extend the deadline by two weeks, I was concerned.
When we went through the initial review process and a good deal of the submissions were filled with icky teenage angst and little literary value, I was worried.

But we got done with the review process tonight, and let me tell you, we are going to have a magazine! We got 34 submissions, and 19 of them scored a 7 or higher in the review process. We also got some of the best artwork and photography that I've seen submitted to Purple.
Sure there's some weepy teenage, first love type poetry -- but I think that we're going to have a magazine of which to be proud.

I am one happy girl right now.

No comments: